Yom Kippur also known as the Day of Atonement, is the most solemn and second only to the Sabbath as the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with an approximate 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services. Find best yom kippur status, yom kippur wishes, yom kippur quotes, yom kippur sayings, yom kippur images, yom kippur status and wishes, Yom Kippur Status and Wishes, Yom Kippur Quotes and Wishes.
Yom Kippur Status, Wishes, Quotes, Sayings & Images
- “Yom Kippur is not about personal resolutions and private reflection. It is about standing up and talking to God. It is about apologizing, about reestablishing our connection with our Creator. We must tell God who we are, where we are holding in life, and what we know needs improvement.”
- “We should not be the same person the day after Yom Kippur that we were the day before Yom Kippur. We should be moving ahead, raising our lives to a higher level.”
- “Think of Yom Kippur as a lookout on the top of a mountain that you have been climbing all year. See your days and their moments spread out before you. Be willing to look now at this big picture of your life. Your ultimate goals. Your beliefs. See each person in your life as part of that picture. What lesson have they taught you even if you had to learn it through pain? What message is God sending you by putting this person in your life?”
-Sara Debbie Gutfreund
- “God has given us the choice between life and death, blessing and curse. “Therefore, choose life!”
- “On Yom Kippur, we stand before God, hand on heart and say, “God: it’s not your fault.” We take responsibility. We are not who we should be, so life is not what it could be. We are the problem in the relationship, not You.”
- The accomplished apple is God bulletin of adulation to all of us. Yom Kippur is the day if we can accessible a lot of to accept this bulletin from God. Wish You Happy Yom Kippur 2016.
- We should not be the same person the day after Yom Kippur that we were the day before Yom Kippur. We should be moving ahead raising our lives to a higher level. happy yom kippur wishes.
- No sin is so light that it may be overlooked. No sin is so heavy that it may not be repented of. –Moses Ibn Ezra
- When Jews appear for Divine judgment, the angels say to them: “Don’t be afraid, the Judge…is your Father.” –Midrash Tehillim
- When we leave this world, neither silver nor gold nor precious stones and pearls accompany us – only Torah and good deeds. –Mishnah Avot 6:9
- [When the liturgy says] “for the sin which we have sinned against you by unwarranted hatred,” it does not necessarily mean for no reason. Rather, it refers to hatred which is unwarranted because it is so extreme as to be unjustifiable.—Rabbi Yehudah Cahn
- “The moral effectiveness of Yom Kippur was greatly enhanced, for the focal point of its observance was shifted from Jerusalem to every town and hamlet, wherever synagogues existed.” – Abraham Bloch
- “Yom Kippur is the idea that we get a second chance before God forgives us for the mistakes that we’ve made. And we all get a second chance in life.” – Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld
- “Yom Kippur goes beyond the elimination of sin to the renewal of the individual. Habit and conditioning often combine with the structure of individual life to keep the person torn between evil and ethic, between apathy and ideal, between inertia and desire for improvement.” – Rabbi Irving Greenberg
- Easy Fast” or “Tzom Kal.” in Hebrew -Since Yom Kippur is a Fast day that is every Jew on this observe fast and pray therefore you can wish this to all your Jewish friends on Happy Yom Kippur 2016.
- The traditional Yom Kippur greeting is “G’mar Hatimah Tovah” or “May You Be Sealed for a Good Year (in the Book of Life).” This reflects the Jewish view of Yom Kippur as the day when God seals our fates (determined by our actions) for the upcoming year in the Books of Life or Death. The entire ten Days of Awe from Rosh Hashanah through Yom Kippur are viewed as the beginning of the New Year, so you may also still wish your Jewish friends a “Happy New Year” or “L’Shana Tovah” on Yom Kippur.
- “At the New Year, with special thoughts of you, and a wish that the year ahead will be filled with peace, happiness, and good health.”
- “On Rosh Hashanah it is written… On Yom Kippur it is sealed. May it be written and may it be sealed that you have a new year that brings fulfillment and happiness, peace and prosperity – all of life’s very best things. Have a Happy, Healthy New Year!”
- “When you look into your heart as the New Year starts, may you discover a new sense of possibility, a new belief in the gifts you have to share, and a renewed commitment to your faith and your dreams. Happy Rosh Hashanah!”
Yom Kippur Images