Good Friday is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, and may coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, Black Friday, or Easter Friday, though the last term properly refers to the Friday in Easter week. Get best good friday quotes, good friday wishes, good friday sayings, good friday quotes wishes, good friday wishes sayings.
Good Friday Quotes
- Good Friday denote the killing of our Jesus
The unblemished sheep, the ideal penance.
He assumed our blame and fault upon Himself
So we could be with Him in heaven.
- Who his own self-exposed our wrongdoings in his own particular body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, ought to live unto nobility: by whose stripes ye were mended.
- The Bread that we need each day to grow in eternal life, makes of our will a docile instrument of the Divine Will; sets the Kingdom of God within us; gives us pure lips, and a pure heart with which to glorify his holy name. — Edith Stein
- GOOD FRIDAY in my heart! Fear & affright
My thoughts are the Disciples when they fled
My words the words that priest & soldier said
My deed the spear to desecrate the dead
- Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. In you, O LORD, I take refuge; Let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God.
- Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus
The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice.
He took our guilt and blame upon Himself
So we could be with Him in paradise
- “See, my servant shall prosper, he shall be raised high and greatly exalted.”
– Isaiah 52:13
Good Friday Wishes
- There is no Easter without the Cross
- Feel good when somebody Miss u.
Feel better when somebody Loves u.
But feel best when somebody never forgets u.
- May the glory of our Savior
And May His Graces
Shine Upon you
On Good Friday & always!
- “For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.”
- Good Friday. Way of the Cross. Fasting and abstinence. Examine conscience. Have a really blessed day
- I am the witness
to his fearless death.
I am a token of his
I am the CROSS
Blessings on Good Friday
- “The dripping blood our only drink, The bloody flesh our only food: In spite of which we like to think That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood — Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.” ― T.S. Eliot.
- We may say that on the first Good Friday afternoon was completed that great act by which light conquered darkness and goodness conquered sin. That is the wonder of our Savior’s crucifixion. – Phillips Brooks.
Good Friday Sayings
- The Friday before Easter is the most solemn day for Christians – it is the day Jesus Christ died on the cross. Good Friday to all of you.
- “To holy people the very name of Jesus is a name to feed upon, a name to transport. His name can raise the dead and transfigure and beautify the living.” » John Henry Newman
- “Exalt the Cross! God has hung the destiny of the race upon it. Other things we may do in the realm of ethics, and on the lines of philanthropic reforms; but our main duty converges into setting that one glorious beacon of salvation, Calvary’s Cross, before the gaze of every immortal soul.” » Theodore Ledyard Cuyler
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die’” » John 11:25-26. Good Friday quotes from the bible
- Facebook has become a greater medium to communicate every small detail, and that is why the Good Friday Quotes for Facebook by us are the best thing you can find for Good Friday.