Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Veterans Day 2016 is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans, that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. The United States previously observed Armistice Day. The U.S. holiday was renamed Veterans Day in 1954. This post will help you to get best veterans day status, veterans day messages, veterans day quotes, veterans day wishes, veterans day sayings, veterans day images, veterans day wishes sayings, veterans day images wallpaper, veterans day quotes wishes, veterans day thank you quotes, veterans day definition, veterans quotes wishes, veterans wishes images, veterans images wallpapers, veterans 2016.
Veterans Day Status
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” -Cynthia Ozick
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
- While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms.
- It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
- The sanctity of our battlefields, monuments, and veterans institutions is of utmost importance to preserve military history and pay respect to those who fought.
- Worthy totally worthy . Of all of the honor, admiration and celebration. Happy Veterans Day To You!
- Everyone loves Freedom but everyone isn’t willing to serve our Country and fight for it. Today we honor those that have. Happy Veterans Day!
- Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called. – Bill Shuster
- “In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” –Mark Twain
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
Veterans Day Poems
You Are Remembered
You’re always remembered
For we can never forget –
Your courage and sacrifice
So that others can live –
With hope and without fear.
Know on this day
And all days,
You are remembered.
He is invisible…a victim of post-Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq
who once bore a uniform and served his country with pride
he is invisible suffering alone, paying the price
through severe disabilities and permanent scars.
You’re My Hero
Without you this country wouldn’t be the same;
You fight and you battle
For our common name.
Your level of courage is oh so rare
You’re dedicated and faithful;
You’re always there.
You’re my hero,
My favorite soldier,
And I love you.
Come home soon!
At home our “war” for freedom Is sadly overdue; Let’s respect them for their courage; They’re ready to do what’s right To keep America safe, So we can sleep better at night.
Bitter winter winds blow across Broadway he is invisible to affluent theatre-goers wearing warm winter coats he is a man who watches them scurry past the cardboard box that is his bed like a rain-dog, huddling in the shadows of alleys and doorways
Thank you for the sacrifices you and your families are making. Our Vietnam Veterans have taught us that no matter what are positions may be on policy, as Americans and patriots, we must support all of our soldiers with our thoughts and our prayers.
When I was in grade 7 or 8 (I don’t exactly remember) we had
to write poetry for a Remembrance Day contest. I won and had to read this in front of our whole grammar school. I must of been 12 or 13. This was my first real poem!
I dedicate this here today to all the soldiers who fight or have fought for our rights and freedom.
Veterans Day Messages
- Thank You for being our life line to freedom. May God bless you all in the name of Jesus Christ. – Patrice Sims, Active Duty
- I sincerely thank you for your dedication to our country. Your sacrifice in the face of great danger, and the bravery that you showed will echo in the generations to come. Your heroism has inspired me to do many things.”
- “I am sending you a special Valentine wish. I want to let you know how much you are appreciated, and thought of often.”
- You stood for what you believe is right and fought for freedom that is priceless. This day, we assure you that your efforts are remembered.
- The brave souls are gone, but they can never be forgotten. On Veteran’s Day, lets remember and salute their courage.
- Whatever would keep us all safe
Is what they were called to do,
Rough duties of every kind
Protecting us: me and you.
Veterans Day Quotes
On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
America’s veterans and troops serving abroad today fought hard to preserve our red, white and blue, from the Revolutionary War to today’s Global War Against Terrorism, and Congress’ action today is appropriate for one of our most sacred symbols.
Well, look at what people are doing for returned veterans now. The wounded warriors. They’re working hard to make the wounded veterans feel that they are loved and welcomed home, unlike Vietnam. It was not a very kind, gentle world then. I think we are kinder and gentler.
Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
We can’t equate spending on veterans with spending on defense. Our strength is not just in the size of our defense budget, but in the size of our hearts, in the size of our gratitude for their sacrifice. And that’s not just measured in words or gestures.
When you see someone in a uniform,
Someone who serves us all,
Doing military duty,
Answering their country’s call,
Take a moment to thank them
For protecting what you hold dear;
Tell them you are proud of them;
Make it very clear.
Just tap them on the shoulder,
Give a smile, and say,
“Thanks for what you’re doing
To keep us safe in the USA!”
Veterans Day Wishes
“On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” —Dan Lipinski
The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.
“Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!” – Sun Tzu
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
To those seniors, and especially elderly veterans like myself, I want to tell you this: You are not alone, and you having nothing to be ashamed of. If elder abuse happened to me, it can happen to anyone. I want you to know that you deserve better.
Veterans Day Sayings
Make the nation’s people feel safe and they will surely have peace of mind. Peace of mind is a gift of the government to its people.
It is not about the one who is seated as President nor the other powerful ones but actually for the people, the country that the veterans promised to serve.
Yes. Our lives may from the start been free but this is not the case before. This freedom we enjoy so much now is a gift from those who fought for it long before, our soldiers and veterans.
All we could say is thank all of them, for the freedom they gave us and the sacrifices they endured, not only to them but also to their families.
Our freedom must be felt and lived. It must be used for good causes.
Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. – Abraham Lincoln
Veterans Day Images